Saturday, January 19, 2008

Stupid Stupid Stupid

Warning: This blog contains absolutely no transitions and lacks all sense of grammar or proper use of the English Language. It will jump around with no logical flow. Deal with it.

Why is it that society (yes, Europeans included) as a whole has become nothing more than a bunch of idiots? And not the idiots that won the 2004 World Series (Boston, your team sucks, by the way). I look around and wonder how on earth we have made it this far. We have become a world of liars (which I admit, I am one) who cannot keep our obligations to each other and a place where more marriages fail than succeed. What is wrong with that picture? I have a friend who thinks marriage is meaningless (or something to that affect- he would have used far too many words to get to the point) yet he is now married. What the hell? My former girlfriend, who dated my best lesbian friend, recently got married.

[On a quick side note, I have to bring up that fact that (my ex) was a lesbian, dated me and is now married to a guy. I am just saying...]

We watch shows like Deal or No Deal, Dancing with the (never have been) Stars, Survivor (which involves no actual surviving), Are you Smarter than a Fifth Grader, and Chuck (I HATE THAT SHOW). These shows do nothing but degrade the intelligence factor of society. At least American Gladiators is back on the air.

[SIDE NOTE #2: With the exception of Little M. Ali (whatever her name is) and Hulk Hogan (News Flash Brother, You Brother are a mother fucking idiot Brother and Please Brother, Stop saying Brother, Brother), American G is beyond fantastic. I mean, I want to get on the show so I can play Power Ball where you get body slammed into metal trash can thingys (yes, I said thingys... get over yourself) or into the side walls. I mean people have been getting injured like crazy during this event. I want to play it! I do not know why but I think it would be fun to play a event where you get the shit kicked out of you by someone who can bench press me with there pointer finger. Just like playing tackle football without pads, it would be awesome.]

We elect people who really do not represent us (like the NY voters who elected Clinton to be their Senator even though she only "moved" to NY because there was an open Senate Seat available) and yet we complain about our system. I mean we bitch and moan about the same thing every time but nothing ever changes. Either do your business or get off of the fucking pot already.

It is like what I tell people all of the time (I really should be a school teacher): One person CANNOT make a difference.

3 comments:

Janelle said...

Wow. What happened to the sweet Geoff I know? Scary.

Well, as the wife of your friend who thinks marriage is meaningless, I should point out that we are more happily married than many people who put so much stock in marriage. Even before we got married, we were together longer and had a more stable relationship than many.

If marriage is such a sacred union, why do so many fail? It is so easy to get a divorce that, on some levels, I have to agree marriage is meaningless. You don’t have to prove you are committed to marriage before you taking vows. You can get married by Elvis while drunk an hour after meeting someone.

So why are we married if it is meaningless? My husband would have been perfectly happy never to get married and we would probably still have stayed together for the rest of our lives. But I wanted to get married because, while other people treat the institution of marriage like it is meaningless, I take my vows seriously and saw the ceremony as a transition to the new family we’ve created. Marriage is only as meaningless as the commitment you are willing to put into it.

To summarize, marriage is not meaningless to me on a personal level, but for the society in general I think it has lost all meaning.

The Ambassador said...

Great point and I would say that I completely agree.

Kalistoga said...

janelle, you are smart. this is why we are friends.


geoff, you make me laugh out loud on a regular basis. you too are smart, and this is why we are friends

:O)