Saturday, September 6, 2008

What a difference a week makes

Well, my second vacation of the year is now over and it was fantastic. I now have just one left this year before I go on a vacation drought. Tannan, Whitney and I took a road trip (I love Road Trips) to Montana to see our Vet friend Bret. Montana was, in some ways, completely different than what I thought it would be and also the same... very confusing. We arrived to 87 degree weather and saw that change to cool but very, very windy, to a threat of snow. Talk about weather. I love San Diego but it would be nice to have some weather outside of the 360 days per year of partly cloudy/sunny weather.

The trip was fun and I cannot wait to do it again soon. I have posted some pictures below and will post more. I will also get back to my somewhat political blog style but in the mean time, decided to share the love. See ya!

Here is a picture of Tannan and Whitney outside of Bret's House as we wait for him to arrive home.

Here is a picture of the start to a Montana Sunset looking outside of Bret's house.


Here is Tannan and Bret settling an argument during fajitas night.



After the snow and on Tuesday, we went to Bannock, a ghost town. Here I am standing under the gallows where 17 people died (I think it was that few).


Help, We're in Jail! From inside this jail, you can really only see one thing... the Gallows!



On Saturday Night we went to the Rodeo. This was, after all, Montana's biggest weekend. We decided to dress up and put on some Cowboy hats, although Tannan's is a cowboy hat that he bought in Thailand.



Since we were in Montana, we decided to take part in a Montana original... a bag of beer. (Yes, you actually by a bag of beer... brilliant).



After the rodeo, they close two blocks of downtown Dillon and suspend the open container policy. It was odd walking past cops while drinking booze in the middle of the street. The people in the back are slightly intoxicated while the old couple up front (Tannan and Whitney) were not. To be fair, some of us (myself and another person who shall remain nameless) were a little more intoxicated than others.






1 comment:

Janelle said...

Very cute! I wish we could have made the drive out.